Contest Sign Up / Rules
- Winners will be drawn at random or by contestant call-in participation during on-air contests.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contestants must be U.S. residents.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
- Present and past employees of KBIF and its affiliates,? KBIF contest sponsors, its advertising agencies, and their immediate family members or households (persons living at the same address), along with employees (their family members or households) of other radio or television stations, are not eligible to participate and may not win any contest associated with KBIF.? KBIF reserves the right to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements, or if entry coupon or winning ticket has been damaged or altered.? Additional eligibility requirements (e.g. age) may be applied in a particular contest.
- All KBIF contestants, on or off air, are limited to one winner per household or immediate family per sixty (60) day period for all prizes having a total value of 0.00 or less; limited to one winner per household or immediate family per one hundred twenty (120) day period for all prizes having a total value of 1 - 9;? limited to one winner per household or immediate family per one hundred eighty (180) day period for all prizes having a total value of 00 or more.
- No substitution or other consideration for the stated prize may be claimed. All prizes are non-transferable. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to that prize. KBIF then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up, or not to award the prize.
- KBIF reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value in the event of unavailability of a prize.
- All items won from KBIF must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning and must be claimed between 9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays) at KBIF?s offices, located at 3401 Holland Avenue, Fresno, CA? 93722.? Any item or prize with a weekend expiration date not claimed at the KBIF offices by 5PM on the Friday preceding the weekend expiration date will be forfeited with no compensation.
- KBIF is not responsible for any failure of communications or allegation of telephone difficulties.? In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, the decision of KBIF is final. In the event that two telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be disqualified and another phone call will be taken. KBIF cannot award duplicate prizes to both parties in a ?tied together? situation. An example of a ?tied together? call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or a party line.
- Any tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by KBIF, and the results of the drawing are final.
- Winner?s will be notified by phone, over the air, or by mail.
- Prizes may be mailed at the discretion of? KBIF. ?KBIF is not responsible for problems occurring within the postal system which may affect winners? receipt of prizes or receipt of winning notices. Otherwise, prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise specified. Proper identification (e.g., valid driver?s license, passport, state ID, or military ID) is required.
- In certain ?unique situations,? a designated representative will be allowed to accept a prize for the winner. Written authorization from the winner including the representative?s name, ID, and a photocopy of the winner?s driver?s license is required. KBIF-AM will determine what constitutes a ?unique situation.?
- All winning contestants are required to acknowledge acceptance of these contest rules either by signing a KBIF winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is not picked up at the offices as stated above.
- Winning contestants must show proof of social security numbers to KBIF for any prize.? This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any other purpose.
- An IRS 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at 0 or more during the calendar year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All prizes are described by KBIF either on the air or via signage at off-air events.? Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable.
- As a condition of participation in the contest, a contestant acknowledges that KBIF reserves the right to broadcast their name and voice and to use their likeness or photo to promote the contest.
- As a condition to accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that KBIF is not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless Gore-Overgaard Broadcasting, Inc., its principals and employees from any claim of such responsibility. ?Harm, injury, or damage? includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control of KBIF such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and cancellation or alteration of an event.
- All contests entries become the property of KBIF. KBIF may withhold any contest materials needed to complete the contest.
- The contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Basic contest rules and addenda are available for review during regular business hours at the KBIF offices, 3401 Holland Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93722.
- Additions or deletions to these rules may be made at the discretion of KBIF, and may be made at any time. Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
- All KBIF decisions are final.